OpenShift Commons Gathering at Kubecon North America
October 25, 2022 | 8:00 AM–6:00 PM EDT | Detroit, Michigan
Where users, partners, customers, contributors and upstream project leads come together to collaborate and work together across the OpenShift Cloud Native ecosystem.
The event is over
This Hybrid OpenShift Commons Gathering will be held at the Westin Book Cadillac on October 25th live in Detroit, Michigan and co-located with CNCF's Kubecon/NA as well as hosted virtually via Hopin. The Westin Book Cadillac is a short 10 minute walk from the CNCF/Kubecon/NA conference venue.
This Hybrid OpenShift Commons Gathering will be held in-person and all talks will be delivered live and streamed live via Hopin to attendees around the globe. As always, our focus is on creating a welcoming and inclusive space for peer-to-peer interactions online. This Gathering will focus on talks from and by Cloud Native practitioners with production deployments sharing their use cases, insights into their workloads and lessons learned along the way.
Westin Book Cadillac
Tuesday, October 25, 2022
All times are local.
Interested in sponsoring an OpenShift Commons Gathering?
Code of Conduct: We follow the Code of Conduct of other events such as KubeCon. Similarly we are dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for participants at all of our events, whether they are held in person or virtually. All event participants, whether they are attending an in-person event or a virtual event, are expected to behave in accordance with professional standards, with both this Code of Conduct as well as their respective employer's policies governing appropriate workplace behavior and applicable laws.
COVID-19 Health + Safety Information: CNCF is committed to our attendee's health and safety; this remains our top priority as we continue to monitor COVID-19 and look to the venue, local, state, CDC, and WHO guidelines to make the best and most informed decisions around onsite safety and requirements.
- 8:00 AM
- Registration Opens OpenShift Commons (Red Hat)
- 9:00 AM
- Welcome to the Commons: Open Source Collaboration in Action Diane Mueller (Red Hat)
- 9:10 AM
- Emerging Tech Keynote: Driving Open Source Innovation at Red Hat Erin Boyd (Red Hat)
- 9:30 AM
- OpenShift Release Update and Road Map Karena Angell (Red Hat)
- 10:05 AM
- Lightning Talk: CoreOS Layering Colin Walters (Red Hat)
- 10:15 AM
- 11:00 AM
- The Future of Kubernetes is Control Planes Dr. Stefan Schimanski (Red Hat)Andy Goldstein (Red Hat)Tushar Katarki (Red Hat)
- 12:05 PM
- 12:45 PM
- Customer Case Study: AI from Training to Edge with MicroShift Ian Miller (Lockheed Martin)Matt Wittstock (Lockheed Martin)
- 1:15 PM
- Lightning Talk: Podman Expands to the Desktop Peter Hunt (Red Hat)
- 1:25 PM
- Customer Case Study: Building DevSecOps into AWS EKS using Red Hat ACS at Informatica Pathik Patel (Informatica)
- 1:55 PM
- Lightning Talk: Disaster Recovery for OpenShift Workloads Annette Clewett (Red Hat)
- 2:05 PM
- Customer Case Study: The OpenShift Journey at Ford Motor Company Satish Puranam (Ford Motor Company)
- 2:35 PM
- Lightning Talk: Enhancing Developer Productivity for the New Normal Serena Nichols (Red Hat)Raffaele Spazzoli (Red Hat)
- 2:45 PM
- 3:30 PM
- Lightning Talk: Red Hat OpenShift Database Access (RHODA) Service Update Raghuram Banda (Red Hat)
- 4:05 PM
- Lightning Talk: OKD Working Group Update & Road Map Jaime Magiera (ICPSR at University of Michigan Institute for Social Research)Michael McCune (Red Hat)
- 4:15 PM
- AMA Session: Live Q/A with Guest Speakers, Red Hat Engineers & Project Leads Joe Fernandes (Red Hat)
- 4:45 PM
- Closing Keynote: Kubecon and beyond Diane Mueller (Red Hat)
- 5:00 PM
- Reception sponsored by Kube by Example
October 25, 2022 | 8:00 AM–6:00 PM EDT
Westin Book Cadillac